Saturday, December 18, 2010

Driftwood


Driftwood
Already uprooted
Water-washed
Stone shined
Wind-whirled
Day-dried
Night-knelled
I am driftwood.
Not of time
But of temperament
Of my maker
A tree
In the dark woods.
I was its branch
Or a stem
Or maybe a root
One time
And felt more of
Association.
A lover then
Picked me
After finding me
Placed me
Show-cased me
To be looked at
By art-lovers
Or maybe
To be
Discarded as
Driftwood.
Was it an accident?
Or a default?
Divine?
Rajbir Deswal (June 1993 Nainital)
I took this pic from Kangra Fort in the backdrop of Dhauladhars.

2 comments:

CrapSoul said...

Good one, Sir. Will it or It will drift towards its maker in the end is a question for time to answer. Accident or default or divine seems to be meaning of one word - Which? - Not in the Father Chaucer's dictionary but surely in someone's showcase.

ghizala said...

loved it,


chasing the sunsets every day,
drinking tears from the sky,
tracing the trails of footsteps,
lost forever in the soft sand,
catching the sparks of the shooting stars,
endlessly floating
and drifting
i am a piece of driftwood